Here are some guidelines of why and how business should use social network to build huge customer/user base.
1) Facebook - 800 million+ users
News feed is where people – one billion of them – spend their time on Facebook – in fact, 40% of their time. News feed is real-time personalized news paper written by the friends and business people care about. It’s always up-to-date; it’s in their pocket everywhere they go and its most engaging place.
- Create Facebook page.
- Create ads and target based on location, demographics and interests.
- Engage users by posting updates, photos and questions.
- Influence friends of friends by sponsored stories, share, comments and recommendations.
- Create app/game on Facebook to attract people. People trust their friends so it’s great way to market.
- Invite people to like page through mass mailing.
- Facebook Like and Share plugin - drive most users to the site
2) LinkedIn – 175 million members
Reach Professionals on LinkedIn. Connect with the world's largest audience of active, influential professionals.
- Create LinkedIn Business page/Group
- Keep it up-to-date
- Invite users – mass mailing
- Run linked ads
- LinkedIn share plugin - drive most users to the site
Twitter is an information network that brings people closer to what’s important to them. 340 million tweets per day by 140 million+ active users. Over a billion Tweets sent every three days. These Tweets represent conversations related to almost any topic imaginable.
These conversations provide a rich canvas and a powerful context in which to connect our messages and brand to what people are talking about right now. It’s a canvas for telling engaging stories, for participating in cultural events, for broadcasting content, for connecting directly with consumers, and for driving transactions.
- Create twitter account
- Keep it up-to-date
- Promoted tweet – extend the reach to broader audience.
- Promoted accounts – turbocharge follow rate to build strong base of followers https://business.twitter.com/en/smallbiz/
Hope you find it useful.